Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 12 - Field Trip Day!

Well, if you guessed our trip was to Hershey, you are right!  We started at Zoo America this morning and ended up at Chocolate World.  What a great day!!!  It was very interesting being at a zoo with a dog.  We got to see more animals than usual.  The scent must alert them to the dogs and some of them become very active and visible, especially the wolves.  We couldn't even stay near their pen, they got very excited and started alerting the dogs.  We left there.  The only thing that made Kindle bark was a magpie.  Yes, all those animals, including cats and she got worked up at the birds.  :)  Both dogs did a great job.  They were in an environment that really challenged their instincts.
Chocolate World was the environment that challenged mine!  Ha!  We couldn't believe it, but the entire group, including both dogs, fit into one ride car.  What a great picture!  The dogs did great!  The challenge was getting them on and off with the floor moving.  They did fine.  I think I found the moving floor more of a challenge. Kindle did leash today a few times and was excellent with lots of greetings.  We had a lot of fun.  We are feeling much more confident about handling her and Emma in the stroller in public.  Although I haven't tried the bathroom again.  That won't be on the test tomorrow, so I'll practice that more later.  :)  Well, tomorrow is the big day!  The public access test.  Kindle has to take the test three times.  It's a good thing that we are staying home and relaxing tonight.  It was a big day for Kindle.  Tune in tomorrow night and we'll let you know if we passed - 3 times!!!
Hello children!  Well, when we got to the Hershey Zoo, 2 buses pulled up with several classes of first graders.  I felt right at home!  It made me think of my class and how I'll be very glad to get back to school on Thursday.  I saw lots of really cool animals!  I actually got to see lots of vampire bats in the "creatures of the dark" building.  My favorite animal was the ocelot.  If you don't know what that is, ask me on Thursday, I'll show you what they look like.  My least favorite was the tarantula.  Yikes, he wasn't very big, but he was hairy and gave me a case of the "creepies."  I'm sure some of you would LOVE to hold a tarantula, but NOT me!  :)  One more day with Mrs. Fulginiti.  Please have her last day be a good memory for her.  I know that you will!  See you soon!  Love, Mrs. Wenger :)


              Kindle and Grace taking a little break at the zoo.  The comfort trainers helped.

The best laugh of the day was when Kindle kept sitting in Emma's carseat when we put her in the car.  Totally on her own!  Kindle!  Silly girl!

                        This was the scene after we got home.  Both girls totally wiped out!

2 comments:

  1. I am so getting Burke an Emma-car-seat! maybe he would sit up in the car then instead of trying to sleep in my lap while I drive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should! Although you know he wouldn't do it if it were actually for him! :))) We can't wait to see you and Burke! Gwen :)

      Delete